Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Arabian Daze - 15

Let's continue our journey through two countries in the Middle East: the U.A.E and Oman. 
You can catch up to all the stories HERE (part 1) and the previous installment HERE (part 14). 
To read more, just click on any "Arabian Daze" post in the Litter Box on the right.

In part 14, we had completed a half day tour of Muscat city in Oman. Our cruise ship departed for the next port at 2pm. Due to having almost a full half day on board, my friend suggested trying some of the ship's onboard activities. Scanning the "Today" newsletter,* my travel mate pointed out one class: napkin folding.

The class was hosted by three of the ship's staff, who whisked us through some very funny dialogues and napkin art. I took photos of our various creations...

#1: an elegant fan 

#2: a candle (although I teased my friend, it looks likes something a little more sexy..... LOL)

#3 and everyone's favorite: a rose

#4: a doll with no head...so, I added a head -- my own! (laugh)

#5: a chicken

After laughing ourselves silly at the napkin folding activity, I pressed my friend to try out the ship's afternoon tea. We were surprised to find lots of teas and coffees, along with pastries and fruit.

Later in the evening, it was time for our dinner. The dining room on the Costa Fortuna has a dress code for all evening meals; I wore a dress I bought at a recycle shop, which cost me $22.

I love cheap fashion.

All cats love fish, so I ordered grilled salmon. The chef didn't disappoint. Look at that presentation!

The fourth evening's dinner on the cruise was a surprise -- Italian music blared over the speakers and the waiters came out asking every woman if they wanted to dance.
Shall we dance? 

There was even a conga line, in which guests eagerly jumped out of their seats to join:

Later in the evening, upon returning to our cabin, a cleaning staff member had created this on our bed -- a peacock!

While we slept, our ship tugged onwards to the next port. Check back to see where we went exploring next. ^_^


* Every evening, a newsletter was dropped off by the cabin which included information about the port, dock times, restaurants and activities available. Onboard Costa ships, this newsletter is called "Today".


~ Information ~ 

This cruise was part of an 8-day cruise through the Middle East, on the Costa Fortuna. Cost per person, inside cabin, was $515 USD. (airfare not included)

Ship information is HERE

The current position of the ship is HERE (with webcams).

No comments:

Post a Comment