Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Fondue in Bangkok?

A friend and I decided to go out and enjoy a nice dinner together. We were talking all day about where we should go, what we should eat, etc, etc. We finally decided to try a restaurant we had stumbled upon while staying in a nearby hotel during the protests. Here is the rundown: Name: The Andaman Location: Thong Lo - Soi 5 Average cost: 1,000 Baht/ person ($30 - 3 dishes, bread, dessert and 2 glasses of wine!) Seating: Outdoor tables with candles, inside tables with sofas and pillows. This place is famous for cheese fondue. So OF COURSE we ordered that, and another house specialty, the chocolate souffle! Yum! The first dish: pate w/ crispy bread and pickles Bread included with the meal The second dish: smoked salmon salad (I ordered in honor of Canada ^_^) The main course: lobster cheese fondue w/ crispy bread and pineapple! Dessert: chocolate souffle

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sel :D
    I also had lobster fondue recently. Saturday I went to a little bar called Off Broadway with my friend Hélène, a fellow French Immersion teacher, and we shared a lobster fondue appetizer - it was very yummy, but a little salty. I am wondering if all you ever do in Thailand is eat and go touring. All your posts are about food and places to see. I'm beginning to think you don't work! I miss you. When are you coming back to Canada for a visit? Ciao, Jeannie, aka Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love eating and traveling. I work, but only part time, and what I do isn't so interesting for a blog. I will try to spice up the writing a little more.

    ReplyDelete