Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A&W


Those who know me really well, know that whenever I am back in Canada visiting family, I ALWAYS request a stop at two places: Dairy Queen and A&W.

It was impossible to find Root Beer in Japan (only from Okinawa), since Japanese people equate root beer with cold medicine. According to my Japanese friends, adding sweetened ginger syrup to carbonated water reminded too many people of the taste of children's cold medicine, so the product failed to sell.

I love Root Beer. So, I was really happy to hear that Thailand had many branches of A&W. Today, I headed over to one to get the taste I missed. The Root Beer is the same, but unfortunately, not so for the burgers. They were in fact, pretty darn awful. But, at least I can enjoy the Root Beer!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Hon,
    Glad to see you are now in a Root Beer friendly zone. Sorry about the burgers. Are the onion rings ok? Hope all is well. Things are great in PEI and I might even be visiting with Mel this summer. Hugs, miss you lots, Jeannie AKA Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy there is root beer too. ^_^ I haven't tried the onion rings, but I ordered the curly fries instead. Tasted just like McCains from back home. Yum!
    Is M coming home this summer? Nice!
    I hope to come back home in April for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please let me know when and I can come visit you for a day on a weekend. I am so excited. Mel is visiting in Halifax this summer and may take a day to visit me on the pebble. Sometime in august is when she said she is visiting. I hope all is well with you. Hugs. Jeannie. AKA Anna - PS How did the flute lesson go?

    ReplyDelete