Thursday, January 13, 2011

Snowmen!

At around midnight, my parents and I heard some giggles from outside. My mother went to the window to investigate: a group of university students were busy making a snowman.

When I woke up this morning, right outside the balcony of my parent's place, stood two HUGE snowmen, complete with rocks for smiles and carrots for noses. They looked great.



To give you a sense of how tall they are, notice the heads of the snowmen reach the second floor of the neighboring building!

In Japan, it's interesting to note that snowmen there tend to be only two snowballs in height, while in Canada, we use three balls of snow.

A Japanese snowman:


Japan has snow kids, we've got snow MEN. ^_^/

3 comments:

  1. Wow, someone viewed this blog from his/her Blackberry today. Thank you! Did you know that the Blackberry cell phone is made and developed in Canada by R.I.M company? Thank you for supporting Canadians, eh! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Japanese snowman...
    バケツの帽子がかわいいですね!
    今日、名古屋は大雪です。

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keiko san: 大雪ですか?すごいね!聞いたことがありました!大阪の友達が私に伝えました。29年ぶりの大雪ですね?いいな!きれいですか?Thank you for your comment! I wish I could be there to see the snow! I heard there was about 10-20 cm!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete