Saturday, March 26, 2011

Benchasiri Park

At BTS Phrom Prong station, next to the Emporium department store, you can find this small park. After eating lunch at the food hall, I headed over to this park to enjoy the nice breeze outside.

I was surprised to see many students wandering around the park, furiously writing the names of trees on their papers. What was interesting were their uniforms. Apparently in Thailand, many schools have one day a week when students wear not school uniforms, but Boy/Girl Scout uniforms. I am not really sure why, but I thought they all looked pretty neat. Notice the teachers also wear Scout uniforms.

The kids:



This park is the smallest I have visited. There is a central pond, two play areas for children, and some sporting areas. It's nice, but tends to have more people, as it's just off Sukhumvit Road.

1 comment:

  1. For a big city, I am really impressed that Bangkok has so many great "green spaces".

    ReplyDelete