Saturday, March 5, 2011

Lumpini Park

This is a large park located at the end of Soi Langsuan and across from the Siam MRT Station, and the Sala Daeng BTS station. It's popular with Thais on the weekend, and is a great place to unwind within the city. the view from my bench: There are numerous facilities in the park: basketball courts, a swimming pool, badminton courts, large playgrounds for children, picnic tables, a concert hall, covered gazebos, a library, paddle boats and lots of greenery. I visited the park on a Saturday afternoon. It was very relaxing sitting on a bench reading my book, when something caught my eye: a giant lizard, moving along. Wow. I ran into a friend later while walking near Soi Covenant. She said that lizard has been seen by many recently, and is becoming a bit of a celebrity! 

No comments:

Post a Comment