Thursday, March 31, 2011

Okinawa, Japan

This is not a post about Thailand, but a wonderful series of islands in southern Japan. I have been to these islands 2 or 3 times (lost count! ^o^). They are the "Hawaii" of Japan--beautiful beaches, sunny weather and wonderful food. MAP HERE. They are also popular for another pastime: diving! Some of my readers are avid divers, so I thought I would share a "hidden spot": Miyako Island's "Pond Street" [下地島の通り池] This dive spot is really, really cool. You start in the ocean, diving deep to 30 meters, swim through a tunnel, and exit out via a pond on land. How cool is that?!?! It's something I really want to try. Inside the Tunnel: Since two big holidays are coming up in Thailand (Songkran -- April 10 ~ 16) and Japan (Golden Week -- April 29 ~ May 5), this might be the perfect vacation for some of my readers. I hope you will try and give me a report! ^_^ Emerging from the tunnel to the pond:  

 For my Japanese readers, here is the Wiki site: こちだよ! Happy diving!

**Bonus** Today marks April Fools Day around the world. Rather than play a trick on you, I hope you will enjoy THIS LINK to the top 100 April 1st hoaxes of all time. Please enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment