Thursday, November 29, 2012

鍋割り山 Nabewari Mountain - Part 4

This is the last installment on a climb up this mountain, located in central Kanagawa. Part one is HERE. Part two, HERE. Part three is HERE

From Mt. Nabewari, it's possible to continue to climb to several other neighboring mountains. I decided to keep going to the famous Tonodake, which I had climbed about two months earlier.

The route wasn't too hard; some stairs and planks, but mainly flat sections, in the midst of the forest.



About 1 hour after departing Mt. Nabewari, I reached the summit of Tonodake. Here, I snapped two photos: one showing the summit marker and the other, showing an old building near the end of the trails.
At Tonodake summit for the second time. Woo!
View from the summit, looking to the trail markers. 
My hiking partner and I spent about 30 minutes at the summit, using our camping stove to boil water and make instant noodles. ^_^ Taking the same route back down, we quickly encountered a herd of deer on the path. My friend took a photo....

This hike took about 10 hours, as we stopped at two summits for 30 minutes each time, and were slow on the descent. I hope you enjoyed photos from the climb! ^_^

The Tanzawa mountain range is located in central Kanagawa, about 1 hour by train from Yokohama. Buses  run from Ebina and Hadano stations on the Odakyu Line to the mountain area. Hikes take about 9 - 10 hours. For longer hikes, there are mountain huts -- reservations are a must. Further information can be found HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment