Tuesday, November 27, 2012

鍋割り山 Nabewari Mountain - Part 3

A climb up this challenging mountain continues. Part one is HERE. Part two is HERE

After hiking up a steep incline for 1.7 KM, we finally reached a flat point. The sunshine broke through the trees announcing the summit was just a little further...


About 100 meters below the summit, my friend and I spied something white in the distance. What could it be...???



...jumping off the path a bit, I walked to the edge (and into some deer doo-doo) to get a closer look. It was Mount Fuji! I had to show my Canadian pride! ^_^

After reaching the summit, the time was 9.45 AM. My friend whipped out a brand new camping stove and asked: "Would you like a fresh cup of coffee?" My sleepy mood was suddenly perked up at this news. My friend poured out my cup of coffee, which smelled great in the mountain air. 

Can't you just smell that?? ^_^

A must have for any hiker: 1L bottle of water, camp stove, pot and cup. Hot drinks are the best at the summit! ^_^

At 1,277.5 meters in height, the summit of Nabewari Mountain offers fantastic views of Mount Fuji, the Southern Alps, Odawara, Yokohama Bay and other Tanazawa mountains. With my coffee in hand, I got a photo at the summit marker. Special thanks to my mom and dad for the Canadian Olympics hat. One fellow hiker said I looked "cute". Haha. *^_^*

After about 30 minutes here, my friend and I packed up our gear and moved to view the next signpost. We weren't ready to stop for the day just yet; we decided to continue on to Mt. Tonodake -- another 2.8 KM away. 
Check back again to see more photos from the route between Nabewari Mountain and Tonodake.

Nabewari Mountain is located in the Tanazawa Mountains in central Kanagawa. Information can be found HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment