Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Degustación de Tapas - Part 12

It's been awhile since I've posted about my April trip overseas. The first of eleven posts about Barcelona and cruising onboard the Liberty of the Seas are HERE. Let's continue with Part 12....


By Day 4, the cruise was winding down and would soon be heading back to its home port of Barcelona. The schedule for the evening and following day consisted of cruising at sea, leaving Livorno (Florence & Pisa departure point) just before sunset.

That is about as close to heaven as I could get.... 
I loved this photo so much, I printed it and it sits, framed, in my living room. 


Before departing, I got ready ahead of time for the dining room. What do you guys think of my sense of fashion? ^_^ Does Anna Wintour approve?



Once seated in the dining room, I snapped a photo of the menu for the evening. I wanted to give readers a sense of what items you can select while dining. Before the cruise, my expectations were similar to that of when traveling on a plane -- fish or chicken -- so I was quite impressed with the selection.

Are you ready to order? 

Here is the appetizer I had ordered....looked pretty fancy eh?


....and dessert:


After dinner, my friend wanted to go and explore the Windjammer Cafe on Deck 12. Each evening, the cafe hosted a casual buffet for those who didn't want the opulence of the dining halls. I was surprised to find lots of culinary skills on display! I took loads of shots; please enjoy.^_^

Carved watermelon:


Pegasus -- carved out of a block of cheese: 

Fruit flower arrangement #1:

Fruit flowers #2: 

A dragon's head -- again, made from cheese:

More cheese carvings -- a lovely swan:

Two monkeys, made entirely from fruit (my personal favorite):

The following day, we had 24 hours of cruising before arriving back in Barcelona. I spent part of the day exploring the ship. I'll share photos and features of the ship next time. 

The Liberty of the Seas is ranked as one of the top 10 ships in the world for overall cruise experience. Don't believe me? See the list HERE (via Cruise Critic 2013 Awards). Royal Caribbean's Liberty ship info is HERE.  

No comments:

Post a Comment