Sunday, July 14, 2013

Degustación de Tapas - Part 15

This post marks the final day of a cruise from Barcelona to France and Italy aboard Royal Caribbean's the Liberty of the Seas. The first day of the cruise is HERE

In the evening my friend and I enjoyed our final dining experience onboard. 

I took the waiter's recommendation and ordered the chef's special for the evening -- slow roasted lamb!



While eating, the only thing that crossed my mind was: I could never afford this food in Japan!! (laugh)

Before the sweet succulent meat arrived, I gorged on an appetizer. Guess what it was? Tapas!!! Hurray!!! ^_^/ 

Dessert was raspberry mousse. The only reason I ordered it? For the raspberries. This tiny fruit is next to impossible to find in Japan:

The next morning, disembarkation began at 6 in the morning. My friend and I stayed onboard until about 9 am, carrying our luggage off with us, thus avoiding an earlier departure.

Sayonara Liberty and thanks for the great memories! 
In the foreground of the photo above, you'll notice a long line of passengers at the taxi stand. If you are cruising out of Barcelona, we don't recommend using the taxis. In fact, my friend and I used public transportation -- the Port Bus, which cost only 2 Euros each and whisked us to the downtown core in less than 10 minutes. We also were able to skip that long line, as there was hardly anyone lined up for the bus.

Tip: The Port Bus can be seen in the photo above. See the blue bus parked in front of the stern of the ship? That's it. It had lots of storage space inside for large luggage and strollers. The bus will drop you off at Columbus Monument and Plaza de Catalunya. 
If you take a taxi, they will charge at least 15 Euros. Save your money and take the Port bus! (info HERE ...scroll down to see "Cruise Port Shuttle Bus Service")

Tomorrow, I'll share more sights from Barcelona, including highlights from the famous Tourist Bus.

Interested in cruising? Search Royal Caribbean HERE. The Liberty of the Seas is HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment