Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Miami Cruise 2

This is a series regarding a cruise taken in December, 2014 from Miami to three ports of call aboard the Norwegian Epic. Part one is HERE

Our ship left Miami port at 4pm, we would cruise for the next two days on the open sea, passing Cuba.

We enjoyed dinner that evening and the next morning, I was up bright and early for my typical, enormous, buffet breakfast. The open air cafe next to the pool deck offered great ocean views.
breakfast, dinner & desserts
My friend and I love taking advantage of the many free classes on board, so we poured over the daily newsletter and highlighted our favorites. For the first day at sea, we selected two activities: first, a workshop on how to make paper flowers. Second, a lecture on upcoming cruises offered by Norwegian.

Early morning sunrise; Cuba in the distance; flower workshop:
The paper flower workshop was quite fun. Making those flowers was a challenge! 
As it was a few weeks before X-mas, the ship was decorated with numerous trees everywhere. I loved the gingerbread men dangling from one tree near the buffet restaurant. (see photo below) 

Our afternoon lecture on the various Norwegian ships and sailings was very interesting and quite crowded. I got the impression that many people are repeaters when it comes to cruising. 

I fiddled around more with my camera, using another filter to take "old fashioned" style photos of the lobby areas and theater. In the evening, we enjoyed a show of various copy-cat singers: Aretha Franklin, Jimmy Buffet and Adele. I loved the woman playing Adele best. Her voice was incredible! 

Our favorite restaurant onboard proved to be "Taste". We often went early, when the doors opened, to enjoy the quiet atmosphere and delicious food. I was especially eager to chow down on the cheesecake -- peanut butter cup flavor -- which is not sold in Japan.  


I'll post photos from our first port-of-call soon. I hope you will check back. 

Happy travels! 

Information

Norwegian Epic is now based out of Europe (Mediterranean Sea). Ship's website is HERE

This cruise, 7-days from Miami, cost $345 per person for an inside cabin. It included $100 onboard credit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment