Saturday, November 27, 2010

Scenes from Chatuchak

AHAHAHahaha! I'm at Chatuchak!


Chatuchak (pronounced: chat + DU + chat) market is a sprawling indoor/ outdoor market at the end of the BTS Sukhumvit line (stop: Mo Chit).

Popular with tourists and locals alike, Chatuchak boasts clothes, bars, food stalls, furniture, animals, and knick-knacks; basically, whatever you are looking for, can likely be found here.

I had a rare Saturday off, so I headed out to the market to do some x-mas shopping. I also enjoyed a bowl of noodles and some cold coffee. The place is so huge, it's quite easy to get lost. Printing a map and bringing along a compass, might come in handy. If you're like me, you'll enjoy getting "lost" and finding unusual shops.

Prices on most items range from 10 up to 1,000 + baht. It's up to you if you want to bargain or not.

A few warnings:
- It gets hot there while walking around, bring a bottle of water.
- Toilets are few and far between, and are not clean at all. Try to use the washrooms at JJ Mall nearby.
- Arriving around 10am, you'll find all the stalls open. Arrive before then, and you'll walk around very bored (which is exactly what happened to me one time. I like "early mornings", but Thai shopkeepers, don't. ^O^)

No comments:

Post a Comment