Saturday, February 11, 2012

Vertigo

I wanted to treat my parents to something special ...to show off the city that I've called "home" for the past two years. Bangkok has some amazing eateries, but I wanted something really unique. I made reservations for Banyan Tree's "Vertigo". 

Entrance to the first of 3 staircases!

What makes this place so special? It's al fresco -- meaning diners enjoy the outdoor open air -- and it's on the 61st floor. ^_^
Entrance lobby lamp (60th Floor):


View from the 60th Floor:

We arrived before sunset, so we could enjoy both the day and night views.

Tables with a view! 



Sunset...


The bartender:


More views..showcasing the Chao Phraya river:
We were taken to our table, which was right on the edge of the veranda. From our table, the view was unbelievable!
Our table ware:


View from our table: 


Candle and flower: 


My drink -- mint mojito (no alcohol):

My dad took a picture... it was a bit windy..but I really like this photo...

We were treated to an appetizer, tararind bean sherbet, bread and our main dish.
Sherbet:


My main dish -- snow fish:

Of course I ordered dessert! I selected an American classic-- a chocolate brownie with vanilla bean ice cream. 
Yum:
This was a great experience. Highly recommended! 

Vertigo is located in Banyan Tree Bangkok Hotel. Closest station is MRT Lumpini, but take a taxi -- it's a long walk. Prices from 600 baht++. Website HERE. Reservations are necessary. Dress code in effect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment