Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Kanchanaburi by Train #2

Our journey continues...


As our train left quite early in the morning and would take almost 5 hours, I picked up some snacks from the large market, directly in front of Thonburi Station. In Thai, we call these "kanom", which means "sweets or snacks". My parents really enjoyed munching on these while viewing the scenery passing by...

Kanom A: Alphabet cookies!
Close up: 
I wanted to spell "cutenekko" but my legs are too short!

Kanom B: Coconut drops with palm sugar filling. Very good, but so sweet!

Close up:


Kanom C:  Crispy bread with sugar and black sesame.

Close up:


While traveling, we passed by the "Salaya Express", which is a commuter train between Salaya (home to Mahidol University) and Bangkok:
 Further into the trip, I noticed our train stopped at a place I had been to before, Nakhon Pathom. 

Station:

The train left the station as the station master rose the green flag. It was pretty neat. 

Please check again tomorrow to see more photos and videos from Kanchanaburi, Thailand. 
Mahidol University is the top music university in Thailand. They have symphonic concerts almost every week. I highly recommend visiting! Site HERE. Nakhon Pathom is home to the largest Chedi in Thailand. I wrote about this province in these old posts: Part 6 / Part 5 / Part 4 / Part 3 / Part 2. Enjoy.

4 comments:

  1. You could have spelled: Hello Ms D from G ! (^~^)
    Your legs are long enough for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (laugh) Very clever! But, who is G?
    ..oh wait! I could have spelled: "Corgi Fan #1" ...or teacup poodles forever ^_^ Haha. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the teacup poodles forever! Or "Corgi and Uniqlo Fan#1"

    ...from G! And G stands for Greece...or Germany ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ

    ReplyDelete
  4. G stands for Greece or Germany eh? I will do the typical Thai rely:
    O-ho!! (laugh)

    Recently, I have noticed that I say "Oi!" when angry and "o-ho!" when I hear some fun news. Help me, Corgi. (>_<)

    ReplyDelete