Friday, October 5, 2012

Saint Marc (a bakery restaurant)

Saint Marc is a chain restaurant in Japan that specializes in all-you-can-eat bread. The bakers make mini sizes of various breads every 20 minutes, which waiters place in baskets and carry around to tables. Diners eat until they decide to stop. I have been to this restaurant in Nagoya twice, but not in Kanagawa.

I was surprised when my friend Samurai invited me out for dinner. We are both big bread lovers, so eating bread with delicious food? I was in heaven... ^_^

My appetizer (cold asparagus soup with raw salmon):

Samurai's appetizer (salad):

My main dish (young chicken in a vinaigrette dressing): 

Samurai's main dish (roasted salmon in a white sause):



I'm sorry I didn't get any photos of the bread, but here is a list of some of the flavors:
- basil
- black pepper
- croissant
- strawberry
- rye
- caramel


The next day, Samurai offered to cook at my place. What he whipped up made me smile --  dishes which reflected our dinner out together.

My appetizer (an orange in a wine glass -- very classy!) ^_^:

White fish in a French sause:

Chikuwa with cucumber (chikuwa is ground up fish paste -- it was super delicious!!) 


I think I will visit this bread restaurant again soon. As for Samurai, I think he should open a French - Japanese fusion restaurant. His cooking was really impressive! ^_^

Saint Marc Bakery restaurant is located all across Japan. View their site HERE to find a restaurant in your area. Prices: ¥2,000 - 3,000 per person for dinner ($20-30). 

No comments:

Post a Comment