Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Tokyo Disney Sea - Part 2

...shots from inside the mammoth park continue. Part one is HERE.

One of the most popular rides at this park is the "Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Crystal Skull" attraction. You should get a Fast Pass (an advance ticket) as the wait times are often 2+ hours. Before our scheduled entrance time, I took photos of the temple outside, in the area called "Lost River Delta".

I'm in Mexico! (not really....)

 My friend really wanted to visit "Ariel's Lagoon", based on the Little Mermaid. As the black clouds were rolling in, it was a safe haven from a possible rain shower. The Lagoon area is entirely indoors. Inside, we enjoyed some easy "kiddie rides" and the Little Mermaid show. ^_^
 After the clouds parted, we wandered over the Aladdin area, where I was surprised to see two sumo wrestlers, also enjoying the park. My friend coerced me into asking them for a photo. I looked excited, but they looked tired! (laugh)
 I advised my friend to get another Fast Pass for a popular attraction: Journey to the Center of the Earth. This ride is located in the "Mysterious Island" -- smack dab in the center of the park -- and reflects the film. The ride is quite thrilling, shooting riders out of the mountain at high speed. I liked this ride very much. ^_^

Mysterious Island:
the volcano in the background "erupts" nightly at 5PM
A tunnel in "Mysterious Island":
 My friend and I felt we enjoyed all the attractions we had hoped to ride, so we decided to spend the rest of the late afternoon wondering around the park to enjoy the views. This is Mediterranean Harbor, which looks like Italy, no? ^_^/
We caught the jazz extravaganza: Big Band Beat with Mickey Mouse on drums. I loved it, but when I looked over at my friend, he was sleeping!! (laugh) He said the chairs were just too comfortable. Haha.
You can enjoy a video of the show below....


We also explored the newest part of the park, "Toyville" which is based on the Toy Story films. I got a funny photo here...^_^
Whoa, piggy!!
 In the American Waterfront area, there is a huge model ship called the Columbus. You can "board" the shop and enjoy the views from the deck. We did this at sunset. Magnificent! ^_^/

Deck of the ship:


Sunset view: 

I really enjoyed my time at the park. This was my third visit, but I felt I had enjoyed this visit the most. After returning home, we visited a sushi restaurant. I'll show you that soon. ^_^

Tokyo Disney Sea is located in Chiba. To get there, take the Maihama train line to Tokyo Disney Resort station. Then, ride the monorail to Tokyo Disney Sea. The monorail is ¥250 per ride. Entrance tickets are over ¥6,000 for adults. You can get some discounts via travel agencies and train companies. The resort website is HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment