Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Degustación de Tapas - Part 1

My birthday is in late April, and this year, I planned something big. This trip was my longest (10 days) and the most expensive (over $2,000) but I wanted to splurge and enjoy somewhere new, trying something new and even, riding something new. 

The whole thing started with a request: I wanted to go to Europe, and I wanted to try something new (to be revealed later). My friend made a suggestion (having traveled to the country twice before) and I approved it. Our flights were actually different and my traveling companion left 3 hours ahead on the behemoth A-380. 

Sayonara!


My plane, the tinier A340, was bound for Munich. I think I got the better deal as my flight was quite empty, there was room for my elephant to stretch out beside me. Woo! 


Thai Elephant enjoys Lufthansa service....by keeping warm with the blanket. ^_^


I really enjoyed the food! 

Dinner:



Snack #1 (cake!)



Snack #2 - heart shaped pretzels..awww...on my birthday? Lufthansa, you shouldn't have...(laugh)



I had never flown an Airbus before so I took off to explore the plane. I found some stairs!!


Going down, this lower galley held five washrooms. The inside of each was so huge, I had to take photos! 

First class toilets in economy? Airbus = Love...^_^


Cutenekko says Guten Tag! 
Look how excited my face is...just for a toilet. (laugh)

After arriving at Munich, I snapped a photo of the beer hall in the airport, and of the Lufthansa service area -- where passengers can pick up free newspapers and hot drinks. 

The beer hall. This was featured in an article on CNN Travel, "Fun to Fly: 7 of the world's most entertaining airports" (see the article HERE)




Lufthansa's free drink bar -- I selected the cutenekko staple-- hot chocolate. 


...but, Munich was just a transit point. I still had one more flight to go. Here are the details for tomorrow's post! ^_^
Hola amigos!  


I have to thank Lufthansa for letting me fly on their airline with my United Miles. Vielen Dank! Part 2 continues tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment