Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Degustación de Tapas - Part 10

Cruising the Western Mediterranean and enjoying a taste of Europe, continues....

The third day of our cruise was winding down after a rushed tour of Rome. Having seen the sights, it was back to the ship where we could eat and relax.

We ate dinner in the Botticelli dining room on Deck 5. Here's my menu...
top left: creamy chowder; bottom left: grilled shrimp
Dressed up for dining (which I enjoyed doing every night!) ^_^
After the meal, I had made reservations to watch something very Canadian -- an ice skating show! The Liberty of the Seas had a mini ice skating rink on Deck 3 and during our cruise, a special show called "Encore, an Ice Spectacular" was being performed on certain dates.

The rink looked like this (pre-show): 











The show featured skaters from the U.S, Canada (yay!) and Russia. There were many jumps and difficult lifts. I thought the skaters were all pretty amazing given the small size of the rink and the ship's constant rolling back and forth.

The show is divided into themes, each featuring a certain country. There was the Carmen / Bullfight scenes for Spain, American Rock n Roll, Japanese geisha, Russian dancers, etc.

I snapped a few photos during the "Viva Las Vegas" segment of the show:

Fat Elvis (cruel yet funny): 



The chorus line girls:

The show really was quite spectacular, and my friend, who had never seen figure skating in person before, continuously praised the show for many days after (including after returning home). ^_^

There were certain times during the cruise when the ice rink was open for passengers; however, I never got the chance to use it. I ended up being so busy touring while the ship was docked in port. I found a short video showing the skating rink when it's open to the public. Click HERE (thanks to njbettle).

If you like what the Liberty of the Seas has to offer and are interested in cruising, you can search for cruises on this particular ship HERE. I came across this book -- Beginners Guide to Cruising: your personal planning guide-- which explains all the ins & outs of cruising for beginners. 


We'll visit another port soon! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love the picture! You are so pretty!
    (By the way, do you remember the "ice-rink-man", hahaha)

    A corgi from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha!!!! How I miss the ice rink man! He was really handsome. I wonder if he misses me too?

    Different topic: I have been seeing a lot of corgi dogs out walking here. Shall I take photos for you? ^_^

    ReplyDelete