Sunday, May 12, 2013

Degustación de Tapas - Part 7

Cutenekko's notes from her first cruise continue...

After settling into our stateroom and gorging ourselves on a delicious meal, we took advantage of one of the first shows onboard -- a tapas tasting of the various musical and entertainment shows to be held during the cruise. Hosted by the cruise director, the mini show was held in the huge Platinum theatre, on Decks 2 ~ 4.

Inside the theater:


The show included musical performances by the ship's big band, and one performance from "In the Air",  created by Cirque du Soleil. There was also a juggler and an announcement about various activities onboard by the cruise director. It was really fun. ^_^

Let's move on to the next activity....

Something new aboard many Royal Caribbean ships -- Dreamworks movie character "meet-and-greets" and character parades. This parade was held the first night onboard, while our ship left Barcelona. The venue was Deck 5's "Royal Promenade",  which is a large, open space hosting many small eateries, cafes, and shops. During the show, I saw: Puss in Boots, Kung Fu Panda, several characters from "Madagascar"...

I shot a video of one dancer who stopped in front of me:


This night's crossing was very rough; while watching the parade, many passengers were having a hard time standing in one spot as the ship lurched about.

The parade route: 


Before embarking on this cruise, we agreed to be early birds. The following morning, we jumped out of bed before 6am, and headed all the way up to Deck 11, where breakfast was served in the Windjammer cafe. My mom (who had been on a Royal Caribbean cruise before) raved about this cafe, so I was eager to try it.

Perhaps my photo shows I was a little too eager? (it's 6.30 in the morning after all.... *laughs*)
Woo! My favorite time of the day! Breakfast!!!


I love a big breakfast, and Royal Caribbean did not disappoint me. There was so much food and a great variety. I took a few photos: 

O..M..G! Fruit!!! ^_^

So many kinds of cereal! (In Japan, there are only 3 or 4 kinds...*cries*)

After sitting down at a table by a large window, I was able to snap a photo of the sunrise: 

Our breakfast spread:
My partner and I could not stop smiling while eating our morning meal. It was so delicious and eating right next to a view of the water? Wow! 



All through breakfast, our ship steamed onward to the first port. Curious to know where we're headed? Stop by tomorrow to find out! ^_^
Land ahoy!
 Royal Caribbean's the Liberty of the Seas ship info is HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment