Friday, October 9, 2020

This is Not My Cat

I am the cat whisperer...

I bought a house last year. For some reason, the kitties in the neighbourhood have taken a liking to my house and drop by often. They don't just hang out around my driveway, yard, or on the deck. No, no...lately, some of the cats have been marching themselves right into my home. 

Here are three cats which are not mine.
 
This is not my cat. This is my neighbour's cat, Buttons. She's an Arabian Mau. She lost her leg due to being on the streets in Dubai, where my neighbour picked her up, got her to a vet and rest is history. She's a very demanding kitty, but very loyal. She drops by so often, she's made herself at home in my home, many times.
 
 Just taking over the bike room....
And the spare kitchen chair...

And sometimes on my lap...
And my spare bedroom...

 
This is also not my cat. This is Bella. Bella has a clumping hair problem and thus, gets shaved once or twice a year. She has the tiniest 'mew'. She is also owned by my neighbour and will often appear when Buttons is around. She is extremely shy, but has warmed up to me.
 
Bella, in her 'lion' cut. Her fur has all grown out now for the winter.


Again, not my cat. This is Skittles. I called him 'Fred' for the longest time until my neighbour told me his real name. He's adorable and purrs like a machine. He also loves being picked up and will kneed his paws into your flesh so hard, you could probably get tattooed by this little guy. He was originally a barn kitty, but now lives two streets up the road from my place. I ran into him while out on a walk about a year ago. He followed me home. Since then, if I come across him out on the street, he'll immediately run over for some pets and scratches. I wish I could adopt this little guy.
 
He loves hanging out on my new deck...
 
 
And he'll come in for a quick walk through of my house...
 
However, Skittles soon heads back out to lounge on the deck..

In addition to the cats, my house also attracts other animals, like....

A deer...
 
A wild rabbit which returns often to sleep in my yard during the day...

I do not own any pets. I think with all these visitors, I probably don't need any. LOL Hope you enjoyed the many animal visitors of Cutenekko.

No comments:

Post a Comment