Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Steak!




A friend called me up on Tuesday night and we headed out to grab some dinner together. We decided to go visit a steak restaurant.

The location was a *bit* interesting. When my friend told the cab driver to head over to "Patpong", I became worried. Patpong is the infamous Thai nightclub area...and when I say "nightclub", I really mean "sex show".

But true to my buddy's word, he took me past the touts selling "ping pong shows" and XXX DVDs to the steak house. The name is Sarika Steak House and it's on the left hand side of Patong, tucked deep past the sex clubs.

We ordered the house special -- Sarika steak dinners -- for only 200 Baht each ($6). Included with the dinner was:

Bread and salad:

Steak, mashed potatoes, carrots and spinach:

I added a glass of red wine for a hundred baht more ($3) and I ate a great meal for under $10! Yay!


We enjoyed the dinner laughing over what was meant by "ping pong show". My buddy thought they must be talking about girls playing table tennis, or juggling. Hahahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment