Monday, September 13, 2010

Food Court



I found a cheap food court at Amarin Plaza near my home. I go there on my days off to grab some lunch for about 40 - 50 Baht. ($1.20-$1.50).

Food courts are quite popular with Thai and residing ex-pats due to their low cost and variety. It's similar to a food court you might see in a mall back home, with one difference-- they use electronic pre-paid money cards.

You exchange some money for the card, go to your favorite restaurant and order. The card is swiped at the shop and the money deducted. When you finish eating, you return to the cashier to get your remaining money. Neat huh?

Today's lunch was entirely vegetarian:
- brown rice
- boiled pumpkin
- stir fried veggies


The cost was 40 Baht. I brought my own water to save more on the cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment