Saturday, September 11, 2010

Amarin Plaza


It's a large 4 story shopping mall within walking distance from my condo. I recently discovered a cheap canteen there, and try to go often for 50 Baht ($1.50) lunches.

What I like best about this mall are the selections:
- there are so many restaurants to choose from,
- lots of juice bars and small cafes,
- it's less crowded than its more popular neighbors, MBK, Central World and Siam Paragon.

The top floor houses all educational shops: an art school, a dance school, a thai language school, a cram school and a music school. I checked out the music school with high hopes, since it's run by the Bangkok Philharmonic orchestra, but alas, they only teach strings. *sigh*

The first floor always has a discount shopping area. Today, designer bags and shoes were 50-80% off. I wondered how much would they be in Baht? I took a sneak peek and discovered shoes selling for 690 B (about $17 CAD) WOW! I think I will have to visit again tomorrow... ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment