I'm a bit of a nerd and like all things geeky. This includes anime, and I stumbled across a manga shop in Central World. [Oh! Anime] is located on the 6th floor of Central World department store, in the central area. I've noticed while sitting on the trains, Japanese anime seems to be quite popular here among Thais. Who can blame them? Japanese stories are always quite unique and cater to every taste. I remember a friend telling me there was a manga about a guy losing his hair! It's kind of neat to see these manga with the Thai script though.... If you're wondering about my favorite manga, that's easy. It's "Fushigi Yugi"/ 日本語で「不思議ユウギ」 Another I like for laughs is "What's Michael?" -- about a dancing cat. =^_^= I used to enjoy manga to practice reading in Japanese. These days, I've got my nose buried in my language studies.
Every spring in Japan is marked with the arrival of beautiful pink cherry blossoms. They bloom only once a year, lastly approximately one week. The event is marked with thousands of Japanese strolling through the park, or sitting on the grass with friends, enjoying beers and snacks. Cherry blossoms bring a sense of nostalgia and quiet happiness to people. This movie from Germany, whose title shares the same sentiments, is widely recommended to my readers. Title cover art: I was told to watch this movie by a friend and haven't regretted it. The story is a very simple one: a German man loses his wife while on holiday near the Baltic Sea. His wife's dream was to visit Japan and see the famous Mt.Fuji; to appease her spirit, he does just that --- flying off to Japan to visit his son, who lives there. For me, this film was memorable, especially during the numerous scenes in Tokyo. The director does nothing to hide or glamorize the "real Tokyo" -- it stars in the film as an...
We conclude our afternoon tea at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Bangkok. At last, the sweets arrived! Side A: Side B: An assortment of jams -- pomelo, raspberry and peach: Detail of table flower (I know my Japanese readers' fetishes...you guys love macro flowers.) We spent 2 hours here, munching, chatting, and of course, laughing. When Ms. D and I are together, we are constantly making up funny stories. ^_^ We were so loud, we scared away a Thai lady who was chatting on her phone. (laugh) We both agreed, this afternoon tea was very nice, with great service. **Special Bonus ** Do you recognize these royals? They have also enjoyed the Mandarin Oriental's famous tea.. Information: The Mandarin Oriental Hotel is located on the Chao Phraya river, in Bangkok. The afternoon tea is in the Authors' Lounge . BTS Sapan Taksin--Silom Line. Free hotel boat from the pier. No reservations taken. Dress code in effect -- no shorts, flip-flops, or cut off / sleeveless shirts. Time: 12.00 ~...
Maybe these guys were the Capulets and Montagues!
ReplyDelete;)
Hi Corgi. Yes, but in Thailand it would be the Reds and Yellows. mai chai?
ReplyDeleteHaha! Chai!
ReplyDelete