Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Kanchanaburi by Train #6

Our train returns to the city for the final post on this journey...

As mentioned in a previous post, most tourists get off this train at Kanchanaburi station, thereby missing some spectacular scenery! On the return trip from Nam Tok station traveling east to Kanchanaburi, I shot some video.

River & Rocks view:

A station stop: 

The above video & photo were appetizers before the main dish -- this stretch of track hovers over the edge of a cliff, which drops down to the River Kwai. The (scary) view and Cutenekko's voice, can be enjoyed in this video:


(Sorry for the delay...it took several days/attempts to upload...)

What do you think? Do you think it's one of the best train views in the world? I thought it was! We later passed through some rice fields...
My travel partner also posed for several photos....^_^

My elephant looking out...
...and looking in:
He's so cute, no? ^_^

Enjoying a Leo beer ^_^ :
Elephant said he prefers Corona...must be the Tiger that scared him.

We got hit with a dust storm shortly after I finished that beer. The seats, inside of the train and our clothes and hair were filled with dust! Note to riders: take a face mask and lots of wet tissues with you!

I hope you enjoyed the train trip! I wonder what will be my next train journey...?? 

The train from Kanchanaburi to Thonburi takes about 3~5 hours. Cost: 100 Baht (¥300 / $3) one way. All cars are third class carriages, meaning no air conditioning. Schedule and info can be found HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment