Sunday, June 10, 2012

Travels in Thailand - Part 8

During my brother's visit, I had a ticket to something very, very exciting: Lady Gaga's Born This Way Ball in Bangkok.  I had bought the ticket way back in March as a gift to myself -- a way to say "good bye" to the city.

I was super excited to attend this concert because my ticket said "Front pit", meaning, I could stand in front of the stage. I left immediately after my Thai language class to head over to the concert... 5 hours before she was due on stage! o_O

There were free shuttle buses from the airport link station to the concert venue.

On the bus:


Others waiting in line: 


The concert was at the huge outdoor stadium Rajamangala National. My gate was really hard to find. I kept walking around (well, almost floating with happiness) looking for my entrance.

Gates: 


Before entering the gate, I could get a photo of the poster:

cutenekko loves Gaga! ^_^ 


We were not allowed cameras inside, and I didn't bring my phone, so I thought I would share photos via You Tube with viewers. Her costumes were outstanding, and the castle set was enormous! We in Bangkok were very lucky, as Lady Gaga had two days of rest before the concert, so, her voice was quite amazing. I jumped and danced the entire 2 hours. ^_^

Opening sequence -- Highway Unicorn! 
(and I was closer to the stage than this video. Weeeee!!)

This song and talk was one of the best of the evening. I loved her comment: "You came here by yourself? F&%K yeah you came here by yourself!!" I had attended the concert on my own, too. ^_^

Lady Gaga talks after singing "Bad Kids", 
wears Thai headress and sings "Hair":

Here is her most famous song, "Bad Romance" 
(and I was still closer to the stage than this video. YAY!!)

Finally, I wanted to share what I thought was the best costume of the evening -- her intricate "alien" dress. It's outstanding! This video is a splice of Singapore and Tokyo's concerts. In Bangkok, she didn't wear pants with the costume. o_O Amen Fashion.


After the concert, outside, I noticed many fans had worn handmade, Gaga costumes. I asked a few if I could take their photo. ^_^

Fans: 


More fans (loving the cigarette glasses):


I headed home via three ways: motorcycle taxi, train and car taxi..

Waiting on the platform: 

My wristband for the front pit area ^_^ YAY!!! (I didn't want to take it off...)


Finally, here is the opening sequence again. I wanted readers to see the size of the stadium she performed in.  This camera view is far from the stage, in the bleacher area. The attendance for the evening was between 50,000 - 60,000 fans + one cutenekko. ^_^ haha.



I loved, loved, loved this concert and was happy to have been able to attend. I will move to Japan soon and it's much harder to get tickets to concerts there. Attending live concerts of big name acts is one thing I will really, really miss about my life in the land of smiles.

Lady Gaga's Born This Way Ball is still touring. Information about tour dates and locations is HERE


** Special Bonus **
I'm a big fan of the Eurovision Song Contest, which is held every year in mid to late May. This year's winner was from Sweden: Loreen. Her voice is outstanding and if you're a fan of dance/ electronic music, I highly recommend her music! This song was not the winner, but I believe it's her best. "Sober": 

No comments:

Post a Comment