Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Hiking Enoshima Island

I went to the beach (again!) near Enoshima island last week. It was bit too windy though, so after swimming, I asked my friend if she wanted to hike around Enoshima island for a bit? We spent about 3 hours there. Here are some highlights...

View from Enoshima island looking to the shoreline...


Some people fishing....


My friend wanted to go to her favorite restaurant for a beer. We were lucky, as it wasn't crowded, and could enjoy a seat outside. Check out the view from our table!

View from my seat (looking right):


View looking down: 


I ordered something many of my Japanese friends have been recommending: かき氷(shaved ice) with Blue Hawaii syrup. The taste was so refreshing on a hot day!

Shaved ice: a popular treat during Japanese summers....


 Enoshima Island is still my favorite spot in all of Kanagawa. I hope you enjoyed it too. ^_^

Enoshima Island is located about 30 minutes from Yokohama. Access: Odakyu-Enoshima line to Katase-Enoshima station. Walk from the station to the island in about 15 minutes. There are many shops and small cafes / restaurants, so just bring some money and enjoy! Average cost: ¥400 + ($4 / 150 Baht)

Further information about this island can be found HERE (Travel Guide) and HERE (Wiki page). 

No comments:

Post a Comment