Thursday, August 16, 2012

Miyagase Dam - Part 1

Due to the current summer holiday schedule in Japan, my work has slowed down quite a bit. As I had some free time, my friend invited me to spend the afternoon at a local dam, called: Miyagase.

This place was really beautiful! I took many photos of this spot, so for the next few posts, I will feature this hidden gem in Kanagawa prefecture.

Before heading out, we stopped to pick up some refreshments. I tried something new: Salty Watermelon by Pepsi. The taste was true to the name....


While driving, I spotted something I had never seen in Japan before -- a bus which had a bike carrier on the front. While these buses are very common in my home country of Canada, Japan has yet to catch on to this trend. In the countryside of Kanagawa, it was nice to spot such a bus:

The drive to the dam passed over many lovely bridges. I felt like Meryl Streep in "The Bridges of Madison County".
One bridge:

After an hour's drive, we arrived at the dam site. I was so impressed with the view from the car park alone! A man made lake could be seen....

More views of the man-made lake and cutenekko:

We began walking toward the entrance to the dam. I snapped this shot of the top of the dam:
Be sure to check back tomorrow to view more photos of the dam itself and other interesting points. ^_^

Miyagase Dam is located in the countryside of Kanagawa, about 1.5 hours drive outside of Yokohama.  Access: Odakyu line to Hon Atsugi Station. Take the Kanachu Bus No. 5 to Miyagase. 
The wiki page is HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment