Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Yamate Italian Garden Park -- Part 2

Sorry for the delay...here is the second part regarding this free park in Yokohama. The first post is HERE.

Down the garden path from the Diplomat's house, is the quaint, green trimmed cottage called "Bluff 18 Kan Ban". The first thing viewers can enjoy is a white marble fountain.


The outside of the cottage is trimmed in green; it reminded me of the home from "Anne of Green Gables".
 Inside the entrance, stood a model of the house and attached hall, which is used for private parties and wedding ceremonies.
 After switching to slippers, I toured the upstairs of the home, which featured some really beautiful rooms. Here is the dining room:
 Again, in this house, were more flowers arranged in interesting ways. A sunflower:
I preferred this house over the Diplomat's house, due to the antique furniture, fireplaces and light green themed windows everywhere. This sitting room was just waiting for a poker game:
As readers know, I love sunrooms and I fell in love with this room almost immediately. Everything about was perfect -- all that was missing was a nice cup of tea and a book. ^_^
I took this photo for my dad who is a fan of boats. With the rocking chair, this looks like the perfect place to take a rest on a cold winter's night.
I hope you enjoyed the tour of Bluff 18 Kan Ban. I will to find more free things to do in the Kanagawa/ Tokyo area soon. ^_^

***Special Bonus***
On the way home, I stopped at an import shop near Yokohama station. There, I found two interesting things -- Kern's Nectar (Pineapple Coconut) and my favorite drink, Dr. Pepper (Cherry Vanilla!!). The Nectar was really interesting and creamy. The cost for each can was reasonable: ¥120 ($1.20/ 40 baht)

Yamate Italian Garden Park is located 350 meters uphill from Ishikawacho Station (JR Negishi line). Entrance is free. There are other houses on the tour; maps in English, Korean, Chinese and Portugese are available at the Diplomat's house and at Bluff 18 Kan Ban. Website HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment