Sunday, May 22, 2011

Akbar



I met up with an old friend last Friday. When she asked what I was in the mood for, I replied: Indian. She picked this restaurant, Akbar, in Nana. Akbar is famous with expats in Bangkok due to their delicious Tandoori chicken.

My friend and I ordered the same: a huge platter of various curries, tandoori meats: chicken, pork and fish, and naan bread. The staff will ask if you'd like it spicy or not. We both tried somewhat spicy and it was just enough to burn the tongue. Nice!

Our order:

- lentil, fish & okra curries


We finished our meal with chai tea.


The total cost was about 500 baht (1,500 JPY/ $15 CAD), including a glass of wine and service charges. ^_^

Akbar is located in Nana, Sukhumvit Soi 3. BTS Nana, walk 10 minutes. Map and info HERE.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, there is also an Indian restaurant named "Akbar" in Nagoya. Is it the same?
    Anyway I love Indian food too. It seems to be delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really?? Wow, I didn't know that! Can you post a link to the restaurant? I would love to know where it is in Nagoya...

    There are many nice Indian restaurants in Bangkok. It's as popular as in Japan. ^_^

    Thank you for your comment, Keiko. It's always great to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is url of Akbar.
    http://www.akbar.jp/

    And, this is my favorite Thai restaurant in Nagoya!
    http://www.sukhontha.jp/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Keikoさん:
    リンクをいただき、ありがとうね. I think [Akbar] is the same in Nagoya as the one here. 面白いでしょう?

    It's funny, Japanese-Thai food looks much better than what I usually eat here. (laughing) I hope to be in Nagoya for a short visit this fall...shall we go there together? ^_^

    ReplyDelete