Thursday, May 5, 2011

Melt Me Cafe


I researched to find the *best* gelato in Bangkok, and this shop: Melt Me, in Thong Lo, was the winner.

The gelato case (click to see more detail):


I headed over on a Saturday to treat myself. The shop features not only wonderful flavors of gelato, but also handmade chocolates and milk from Hokkaido, the northern island of Japan. Drinks, cakes and other sweets are also available.

The chocolate display case:


Handmade chocolate selections:


I know I'm a pig for eating too many chocolates, but you don't have to rub it in!!!


Customers can test taste the gelato before purchasing. Two flavors in a small cup costs only 99 Baht. (=$2.27 CAD/ 227 JPY).

My picks: vanilla and forest berry


My huge iced coffee:


The theme inside is based on "Alice in Wonderland", with one large "tea party table" featured in the center of the shop. It's bright and sunny, and the perfect place to take a rest, enjoy some Italian gelato, and people watch.

The tea table:


Counter top guys:



Melt Me is located on Thanon Thong Lo (also called Sukhumvit Soi 55), then turn down Soi 10. To get there, you can walk from BTS Thong Lo station, exit 3. The walk will take 15-20 minutes. Or, hop on a songtao (long bus) to Soi 10. Map HERE (see A). Prices from 99 Baht & up. 日本語のブローグはこちらです。

6 comments:

  1. I love the pigs!!!
    But can you soon post pictures from a black toy poodle? I love toy poodles!!! ^8^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pigs are pretty cute aren't they? I will try them next time.

    Toy poodles eh? How about this one:
    Toy Poodle

    That little guy is very portable. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. :DD !
    (but he isn't black, isn't he)
    I wanted a black one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay okay! I have to please my readers. A *ahem* BLACK toy poodle HERE.

    Not enough? How about THESE TWO then?

    I will ask my Japanese friend to forward a picture of her *very real* black toy poodle. Okay?

    ^_^ I aim to keep my readers happy. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you!!! I am very happy now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Corgi,

    I am happy that YOU are happy. Btw, I am looking forward to our double date tomorrow. (giggle) Should be fun!

    ReplyDelete