Monday, May 9, 2011

Soi Convant II

I continued exploring and snapping photos of things I found interesting:

A flower shop whose name doesn't quite conjure up images of love:

Maybe the owners meant "rap" which is the Thai word for "love". ^_^ I hope that's what they really meant. ^o^

An Italian village?


There were several houses along this street for rent too! Looked just like Spain or Italy. Really nice!

A cafe that I will check out on another day....

I really wanted to go in, but I had already blown my 100 baht per day budget. I'll be sure to go back and visit and make a report!

2 comments:

  1. In the first picture, (flower shop): When I read the sign in Thai, it DOES say "rap" = love. I guess when they translated the Thai writing into English, they made a mistake and wrote R-A-T.

    The sign says: "rap jat dookmai"

    "dookmai" = flower in Thai
    "jat" = to arrange; prepare

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a mistake.

    rak = love in Thai

    rap = to receive

    I need to pay attention more in class, I guess.

    ReplyDelete