Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Nakhon Pathom (part 5)

After leaving the Elephant Zoo, rain clouds moved in as we visited our next stop: Wat Pra Prathon Chedi Worawiharn.

This Wat is located in the ancient city of Nakhon Chaisi and was built by a young prince as an appeasement to Buddha for killing his father.
The Wat tower:


Ornate temple windows:




While walking around the structure, I came across a long row of toy ducks. In Thailand, at many shrines, you will often see many small, toy animals left as an offering. I usually see elephants or zebras, but this was my first time to see ducks. They were so cute, I just had to take a picture:

1 comment:

  1. Oh! Oh! Oh! I have a good joke! Looking at the last picture, of the yellow duck facing the camera, he says:
    "Sa-wat-dii quack"? ^_^

    **NOTE: sawatdii = How are you? in Thai. At the end of a sentence, we must add "krap"(if a man is speaking), or "Ka"(ladies), but ducks? I think they would use "quack". This phrase ending is just to make the sentence/question polite.

    Ducks in Thailand...so polite!

    ReplyDelete