Friday, September 9, 2011

Tokyo! | 東京 Day 3

My trip to Tokyo continues....

Day 3 was a Saturday. In between working, my friend & follower on Twitter, @Nina5jp, agreed to meet me in Shinjuku. I wanted to visit the Park Hyatt Hotel to enjoy the afternoon tea set, after being recommended this by a long time Tokyo resident.

Shinjuku is Japan's busiest train station. Although very big, it was easy to find the meeting point -- JR West Gate:
[Short story: While waiting for my friend, many people were looking at me. I noticed after the earthquake, there are a lot less foreigners in Tokyo. I am also really tiny and thin -- my body type is similar to Asians, so perhaps they were confused. A foreign girl who is NOT tall or chubby...?? I was really self-conscious and kept checking my hair and face due to all the staring... LOL]

My friend and I enjoyed walking to the hotel from the station. The weather was nice on this day..a little windy and cool. We could enjoy lots of trees, even though Shinjuku is considered "Downtown Tokyo". I love all the greenery in this city...

Walking...
The afternoon tea was held in The Peak Lounge on the 41st floor of this hotel. The view is unbelievable!!

View right:
View left:
After taking our seats, we scanned the extensive tea menu. It was fabulous!
Main Teas:
Herbal Teas:

Next, the main tea set arrived. The scones on the second tier came with maple sauce. I felt a little Canadian...even in Japan. ^_^ Oh wait a minute...I AM Canadian! I should always feel Canadian. (laugh)

The tea set:

There are several nice things about this Afternoon Tea: you can change the tea many times at no extra charge, and you can select additional desserts and appetizers for free. ^_^ I picked out several additional dishes...

Choco chip bread:

a fig(!) and salmon roe...
..and apple jelly:

I really enjoyed this afternoon with my friend. She is super cute and talkative. She was just chatting away with me -- half in Japanese, half in English. It was fun trying to keep up with her. ^_^
My friend, super cute Nina5jp!:

**Special message to my friend:**
Thank you so much! I loved your advice: "If a chance comes, you should take it. Have fun in life!" ^_^ True, true.

Afternoon Tea at the Peak Lounge in the Park Hyatt Shinkuku. Cost: ¥3,200/ person. ($32/1,100 baht) Afternoon Tea Menu HERE. Restaurant info and reservations HERE. Access: Shinjuku Station West Gate and walk 15 minutes, OR take the hotel shuttle (free) from the Central Gate. Reservations are strongly recommended.

8 comments:

  1. That view was unbelievable. I think that was worth the 3,200 yen alone. ^_^

    Nina5jp -- thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And did you eat the whole thing??? LOL :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moooo --- why is everyone teasing me these days? (>_<)* (laugh) Actually, I really love being teased; it makes me laugh easily.

    No, I shared this with my friend, of course! I am not that selfish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Anna-Lise! I have a funny joke! I ate all those buildings. Nom nom nom. I was so hungry. ^_^

    Please rate this joke. Do I get 4 stars? (laugh)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That joke is very dead fish worthy. Mwahahaha. Will you be able to skype Tuesday morning your time? :) TTYL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Anna-Lise!

    I can Skype on Tuesday morning my time. ^_^ Yay! A dead fish joke. It's been a long time since I told one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am free to skype tonight if you are not busy. :) Hugs, AL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anna-Lise!

    Is "tonight" Canada time or Thai time? ^_^ I am working tonight, and tomorrow, my designer friend is coming over at 8am. o_O

    Hm...Can I meet you next week? Every morning this week I am pretty busy.. Sorry...

    ReplyDelete