Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Tokyo! | 東京 Day 9 (Part 2)

Tokyo travels conclude on this day....

I did some more last minute shopping for myself at Tokyo station. After that, it was time to head out to the airport. I had taken the subway in, but going back, my suitcase was a lot heavier. (laugh) I asked for a taxi to the TCAT center, where I would catch a bus.

When my mom visited me in Japan many years ago, her favorite memory was the taxi drivers. She loved their professionalism and how clean they kept their cabs. While riding, I took a photo, just for her. ^_^

Arriving at the TCAT center, it was easy to buy a ticket using a vending machine.

The machine:

My ticket:

The bus:

Before boarding the bus, the staff will ask you which terminal and wing (South or North). If you aren't sure, just tell the staff which airline you will fly on. They will mark and tag your bag with the appropriate information. ^_^ Very easy.

At the airport, I walked a lot to kill time. I found two things that my friends might enjoy...

Hello Kitty!

...and Gundam!

This Gundam was quite big, about 160~165cm. I learned a good rule when in Japan: if you want to make friends, watch Gundam. Every Japanese person I have met loves Gundam, so it's easy to make conversation. Just ask: "Do you like Gundam?" and voila! Instant friends. ^_^ (laugh)

It was finally time to board my flight. We actually left early! o_O United Airlines = highly organized? The sun was slowing going down...
I had to take a photo of my meal, because it was really yummy for an economy seat: pasta with broccoli.

I told the flight attendent this meal was so good, she replied: "Well, I'll get you another one if you want." ^_^ Nice!

The funniest thing was: upon returning to Bangkok, the weather was .... much cooler! The temperature was lower than in Tokyo and raining. o_O Oh well. This trip was so much fun. I really enjoyed myself. Thanks to all my friends and blog readers for great suggestions on where to go and what to see.

TCAT (Tokyo City Air Terminal) offers buses to Haneda and Narita airports. On the Honzomon line (Tokyo Metro); pick up also available from some hotels. Cost to Narita: ¥2,900, one way (960 baht/ $29). Gundam & Hello Kitty goods at the Toy Box toy shop in Narita airport, South Wing, Terminal 2.

2 comments:

  1. The taxi looks like a typical taxi here in Bangkok. The only difference might be the missing seat belts. And the cleanliness. And the professionalism.
    But we have Buddhist Symbols! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Corgi! Your are hi.lar.i.ous!! ^o^

    More interesting Japanese taxi trivia:
    - the driver has a gadget that opens the passenger doors automatically. o_O You never have to open or close the door yourself.

    - you never have to ask them "Can you go to OOO?" without being refused. (Why do BKK taxi drivers do this? Don't they want my money? I'm so confused about this point.>_<)

    ReplyDelete