Monday, September 19, 2011

Tokyo! | 東京 Day 8 (Part 2)

Travels in Tokyo continue....

After visiting my cute friend/Twitter follower, nina5jp in Chiba, I headed to Ginza to do some shopping for friends. My blog assistant, Ms D, has an affection for Hello Kitty, so nina5jp advised me to visit Sanrio World, in Ginza. So, off I went.....but once in Ginza, I got distracted by this:

Sweeeeeets! ^o^
This is Berry Cafe in Ginza. The inside was pretty dark. I thought it resembled a club (laugh).

Inside:
I splurged and ordered the dinner set -- appetizers, bread, main dish, dessert and tea. Here they are....

The appetizers (squid/ pickles/ meat pie):

Raisin bread:

Main dish (cream sauce pasta):
Fruits tart and strawberry/raspberry tea:
After finishing, I had another nice conversation with the cashier here. She said she was surprised about my Japanese. I told her I studied about 5 years, but now study Thai. She thought was pretty impressive. Her comments made me so happy. ^_^

Sorry, no photos from the Hello Kitty shop in Ginza, but I did pick up my friend some nice gifts. I will take a photo of her with the souvenirs and post them at a later time. Sound good? ^_^

Berry Cafe is located in Ginza Gurase Building 6F. Access: Tokyo Metro to Ginza station. See shop information & locations in Tokyo/Chiba HERE. (日本語) Special dinner set: about ¥2,300 (950 baht/$23).
Sanrio World is located in Nishi Ginza Department store 2F. Direct access from Tokyo Metro, Ginza Station. Hello Kitty, Snoopy and other character goods available. The most popular collectables are cell phone straps and pens/pencils. Prices from ¥500 (170 baht/$5). Sanrio World site info HERE. (English)

2 comments:

  1. Yaaaayyy! Sounds good! I am looking forward to our Date on Monday! Did you get the glowing Hello Kitty pen? =0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Corgi!

    I am looking forward to our date together too. It was been almost a month since I last saw you. ^_^

    I couldn't find any glowing Hello Kitty pen, sorry. So I got you some other cute things. I hope you will enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete