Sunday, September 18, 2011

Tokyo! | 東京 Day 8 (Part 1)

Travels in Tokyo continue...

I had this day completely free and really wanted to go to FujiQ Highland (big amusement park near Mt.Fuji). My twitter friend, nina5jp, advised me not to go by myself, as it's very far and I would feel lonely standing in the line-ups alone. Good point. Instead, she said: "Come to my house!" So, after thinking, I decided to go.

She lives in Chiba, and I had no idea how to get there. She tweeted the directions to me--take the Tokyo Metro (Chiyoda line) to the end. Switch to JR. Voila! You're there. ^_^ And it WAS that easy. Traveling in Tokyo wasn't as complex as I had anticipated....

Tokyo Metro train...the JR one came about 10 minutes later....

I went to meet her youngest son, K:

...eat a bento (traditional Japanese lunch box):

...and play with toys! I took photos her son's unique cars...

Ramen truck:
Pavement roller:

Jomo gas truck:
Crane with load:
After playing, we enjoyed Hawaiian coffee and roll cake. Yum! ^_^

During this time, I spied something grey hanging over her kitchen chair. I said: "Is that what I think it is?" And she said: "Yes!" A Totoro apron!!! So cute!!!

My friend, modeling the apron...
We also went to the park to pick up her daughter, L. Her daughter really wanted to meet me, since she had seen me over Skype a few times. At the park, I spoke to L's friends-- in Japanese. That was neat. ^_^ I like being around children sometimes, as they are always looking at the world in a simple, fun way. Adults have so many responsibilities; we often lose our sense of just "having fun" and "going with the flow".

Please return again tomorrow. I went to Ginza after this...you'll see some yummy pics then!

No comments:

Post a Comment