Saturday, September 17, 2011

Tokyo! | 東京 Day 7 (Part 2)

Travels in Tokyo continue....

I still had some free time, so after the brewery, I headed over to Roppongi Hills, to visit the art gallery (unfortunately closed) and sky aquarium, which was recommended by a friend. Believe it or not, I actually got lost trying to find the building! Yes, blondes really are that dumb. (laugh) I found it after walking a little further...

The entrance to Mori Art Museum & City View:

I went up to the 54th Floor to enjoy the city view. You can see Tokyo Tower in the distance:
They also had a fish tank set up in front of a large window. While watching, all I could think of was: which one is Nemo? (laugh)

I moved to the sky aquarium next, which was...um...okay. I'm spoiled when it comes to aquariums. I have been to Toba, Okinawa, and Vancouver, which in my opinion, have the best aquariums. There was one room though, which really stood out:
This room housed lots of jelly fish. Together with the lighting, the jelly fish were very beautiful. After I took this shot, many love love couples came in, so I ran away quickly. (laugh)

This little animal was being sold in the gift shop as a souvenir!! Does anyone know the name? I had never seen this before...

The view at Roppongi Hills is nice, but if you visit the Tokyo Metropolitan government buildings in Shinjuku, you can get a similar view for free. I would recommend this highly.

Mori Hills/ Art Museum at Roppongi Hills -- very big building, just keep walking! -- open daily 10.00~22.00 but on Tuesdays: 10.00~17.00. Homepage HERE. Map HERE. Sky Aquarium + view ticket = ¥2,000 (700 baht/ $20). Access: Tokyo Metro to Roppongi station.

3 comments:

  1. The sky aquarium looks amazing!!! Can the aquarium in Vancouver really top that?
    Aren't there just wild salmons?
    Mr GM said, the animal is an eft (lat. Urodela)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oi. More teasing?? *sigh*

    There is more to Canada than just wild salmon..and maple syrup...and snow...>_<* I just need more time to think about that the 'more' is...LOL

    Vancouver aquarium is famous for it's killer whales, penguins and polar bears. Here is the website: Vancouver Aquarium

    And here are some images:
    Killer Whale
    Entrance to Vancouver Aquarium
    Scuba Diver in the tank

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to add: Mr. GM = very knowledgeable. Thank you! ^_^

    ReplyDelete