Friday, September 23, 2011

Tummy Yummy

When I returned from Tokyo, my cute Japanese friend, M, really wanted to talk with me. I asked her to take me to her recommended shop. This restaurant, built inside a house, is called "Tummy Yummy". Cute!

The inside has a very 1920's feel to it...

Windows:

Interior:
A classic phone on the bar:

We both ordered the same thing-- Massaman Curry:
And a watermelon shake:

We also ordered Thai coffee, and tea. The tea selection was so amazing, I took a photo:

Tea chest:

I took a sneaky photo of my friend while we took a break from chatting...
Mさん:

Tummy Yummy is located on 41/1 Soi Tonson. Access: BTS Chitlom or Ploen Chit. Our lunch was about 300 Baht (¥900/$9). Atmosphere & staff are excellent. Website HERE.

6 comments:

  1. I love her top with the green sparkling stones! Fits perfect with the earrings!
    Uniqlo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Corgi!
    I love her style too! She always has amazing earrings. I should get photos and make a blog post about those. She told me she bought many earrings in France and Turkey. ^_^

    Her green top is not UniQlo, sorry. I'll ask where she got it though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, Mr J is coming back from France, let's meet him!
    I think he sold all his jewellery and is rich by now. So I am guessing he is sailing back to Thailand with his own yacht :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr J! It will be good to see him again. I wish I had his patience for making jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looked up ways to use sweetened condensed milk, I intend to try this recipe because I love cardamom. I think I'll like it best served on ice, because it is so sweet. I'll do yet, but will use less milk next time to warm drink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Satellite Dishes!

    Thank you for your nice comment. I like condensed milk too, because the taste is so sweet. I didn't know you can make massaman curry with condensed milk. Neat! ^_^

    ReplyDelete