Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tokyo! | 東京 Day 9 (Part 1)

Wrapping up my visit to Tokyo....

I'm sad just writing about this day. It was my last day in the city. My flight was not until the late evening, so I had the whole day to...do stuff! ^_^

First up, I visited a toy train cafe in Yurakacho. Recently, I have become a fan of trains. I think there is something romantic about traveling via train...

This cafe's main feature was a huge train set on display in the middle of the shop. As I arrived quite early, the shop staff suggested a take a seat next to the trains. ^_^ Yay!

The train set:

Close up of Tokyo Tower, a pagoda and cherry blossoms...
(A reader asked: "Do the shop staff wear train uniforms?"
As you can see in this pic, no they don't. They just wear aprons...)

A typical Japanese apartment building...
A cute wedding celebration:

On this day, 3 trains were running: a blue (overnight) train, the Narita Express and a train which looked like either the Takayama/Hida express or the Shinano (which travels from Nagoya to Nagano). I took a video! ^_^

The details were pretty impressive....

A typical street in Japan:

A department store, complete with lights and people!
As this was a cafe, I ordered a coffee...
...and a veggie sandwich. ^_^
I spent about an hour here just enjoying the trains. There was also a souvenir area, so I bought a cell phone strap!

Tokyo station (JR Yamanote line):

After this, I did a bit more shopping and then headed off to the airport. There, I found a few interesting things. Stop by tomorrow to see. ^_^

The Steam Locomotive Cafe + Bar is located in the Shin Yurakucho Building, in Yurakucho. Direct access from the Tokyo Metro Yurakucho station. Open 08.00 ~ 22.00. Sandwich set (with coffee) cost ¥600 (200 baht/$6). Website HERE. (日本語)

1 comment:

  1. My mom read this post & said she agrees: there IS something romantic about taking the train... ^_^

    ReplyDelete