Monday, September 5, 2011

Local shop 1

I took my Japanese friend, Mさん to this hidden shop near my condo. It's popular with local Thais, and is famous for chicken.

The inside looks like this:
We ordered 3 dishes and shared...This is very Thai style! I chose...

Crispy chicken...
..and thick noodles with vegetables:

My friend selected fried rice:

Fans of Thai food have likely seen this: a caddy filled with the standard 4 spices -- fish sauce, sugar, spicy vinegar and spicy red chilies in oil. Thai people love to adjust the taste to their liking after ordering the food. It's fun!

I cannot remember the name of this shop, and it is located in a small sub-soi, off Soi Langsuan. How to get there? At Dalat Basserie, there is a small soi on the right, follow this road all the way to the end, then turn left. The shop is next to a hairdresser. Prices from 20 baht. Our three dishes totaled 120 Baht. (=¥360/$3.60)

2 comments:

  1. おいしかったですね♪
    Bangkokかえって きたら わたしの いえで 日本料理つくって たべましょう!!
    たのしみ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kokun!

    Yes, it was delicious (yummy? ^_^) wasn't it?

    Yes please! I want to learn how to cook more Japanese dishes. I am looking forward to your lesson when I return.

    ReplyDelete