Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Car Show

Back in mid-June, I was walking through Central World department store and came across this car show. So many cars that I can't afford, but their beauty called to me, so I took a photo:



I could identify some of the cars -- Porsche 911, BMW M6 convertible, Cooper Mini... and there was one I really liked...Can anyone identify it?

Identity unknown:


I did some research and found one possibility: Porsche 911 Carrera GT Cabriolet. Hmm..but the rear engine is flat and doesn't quite match the design. Maybe someone out there can help?

The funny thing about me is: I don't really like driving, but I love being a passenger. My favorite childhood memories are all about car trips. My family traveled for 2 weeks across Canada by car; we did another 2 week road trip from California, to Nevada, Utah and Arizona when I was a teenager. I think the freedom of being able to stop at unique spots along the way -- makes traveling by car so appealing. ^_^

So, after I get the money to buy the white Porsche above, let's go driving? (laughing) I should be ready in about 20 years or so...

3 comments:

  1. Mr M(artin) ;-) was so disappointed with this car show, because there were no car babes. Men...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Corgi!

    Why don't we call YOUR guy Mr.GM = German M? That way, there is no confusion. What do you think? (laugh)

    Hmm, if he wants to see the sexy babes, probably he can do so at the Queen Sirikit Convention center near BTS Asoke.

    I'll check and see if there are any upcoming car shows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW Corgi, tell Mr.GM -- I found another good ice cream shop today. It's inside the art center. You can see a blog post on that July 5th or 6th. ^_^

    ReplyDelete