Saturday, June 11, 2011

My BKK apartment

I think a lot of my friends wonder "What are the apartments/condos like in Bangkok?" Well, I thought I would show you my place.

I live in the CBD (Central Business District), which is very quiet at night. The downside is that there are few restaurants and shops -- I am within walking distance to many major shopping malls, however.

My condo is on the 7th floor. There are 21 floors in total. My building includes: a pool, a gym, a snooker table room, a meeting room, mail room, 24 maintenance service and 24 security. There is also a hairdresser in the building.

My condo is a 2 bedroom, 1 bath. My bathroom has a separate bathtub and shower.

Here are the rooms:

The living room:


The main bedroom:


The full kitchen (this is unusual in BKK -- most apartments have a small kitchen.):


The balcony:


All the furniture, utensils, plates and dishes, cleaning supplies, bedding, pillows, etc. were included. When I moved in, the landlord even had shampoo and soap ready!

Average prices for condos range from 12,000 baht ~ 30,000 baht ($360~$900/ month) depending on the location, age of the building and size. Leases are usually 1 year, but you can rent month-to-month, although that is rare. You need a valid passport, Thai visa and a deposit of two month's rent in advance.

6 comments:

  1. Hello visitors from Côte d’Ivoire! Or should I say Bonjour? ^_^/*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recent reader requests:
    - Mauy Thai kick boxing
    - more restaurants
    - Baskin Robbins?
    - Ice bar
    - afternoon tea

    My own:
    - renewing a Thai driver's license
    - Pantomime show
    - Sado (tea ceremony) charity event
    - German birthday party

    Did I miss anything? ^_^ Requests can be posted in comments below.

    ReplyDelete
  3. -teacup poodles
    -teacup corgis
    -teacup pomeranians
    -teacup chihuahua

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Corgi!
    (laughing) That's what I missed? Okay, okay. Let's see what I can find....

    1. Teacup Corgi

    2. Teacup Pomeranians

    3. Teacup Chihuahua

    When my hairdresser friend from Japan moves to Thailand, I will post pictures of her teacup poodle.

    So..how did I do? Did I get everything on your list? ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha! thanks! But the first one is a teacup yorkie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really? (blushing) Crap. I need to study more! ^_^ Let me try again then...

    Teacup Corgi!!

    (laughing) I think I got the 'teacup' part...^_^ mai chai??? (giggles)

    ReplyDelete