Monday, December 19, 2011

冬のソナタ 東京! #5 | Winter Sonata Tokyo

I met up with a Canadian friend I knew in Bangkok, but had recently moved to Tokyo. While living in BKK, I gave him a lot of advice and information about moving to Japan. It was good to see how he was doing and hear his news.
We went to a pasta shop first...

My plate:


We talked for a looooong time about everything....how different Bangkok is and how awesome life in Tokyo is. ^_^ He asked for some help buying a train ticket, so we went off to Yurakucho to seek out a JTB (travel agency) office. I spoke with the lady there and success! We could reserve his ticket easily.

After that, we both had some free time, so I suggested going to a train cafe. I had been before, back in September. You can see that post HERE.

I learned something new about my friend -- he is a big train fan too! We talked about many kinds of train museums that we have visited, or hope to visit in the future. One train museum he taught me was this miniature train park in Cologne Germany. Watch the video!!

Cool eh? ^_^
I am going to visit...first blog fan Corgi in Berlin, then to Cologne to see these cool trains.

Later in the week, he and his Thai girlfriend invited me out for dinner. I made reservations at an Alice in Wonderland themed restaurant...which his girlfriend really enjoyed. Yay! ^_^ Come back in a few days to see that post!

My friend is Anthony Joh. He's from Vancouver, Canada, but has lived in Germany, Thailand and now, Japan.  He is running a very successful podcast out of Tokyo called...Tokyo Podcast. On his show, he interviews many interesting people from a variety of backgrounds. All episodes are in English. Please visit his website HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment