Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Movies in Thailand

The best thing about living in Thailand? Really, it's the movie theaters. They are so cheap, full of really comfortable seats, some even provide sofas!

In between working I dragged along a friend to see a film with me. Here is my ticket stub. Notice the price? 160 baht (=¥400 / $4) CHEAP!!! ^o^

I can't tell you the name of the film we saw; it's too embarrassing. But I did force my friend to get a photo with one of the characters...maybe my readers can figure it out:

There are many unique cinemas in Bangkok. Check out these websites to see some ultra-fancy theaters!

The Shadow Screen, "Enigma" (at Siam Paragon)

Nokia Ultra Screen (at Siam Paragon)

Ticket prices usually range between 100 baht ~ 300 baht. The fancy ones can go as high as 3,000 baht for 2 people! o_O I had heard from a friend that there is one cinema in Bangkok that provides foot massages while you watch the movie. Luxury!!

SF Cinema is located in Central World, 7F. BTS Chitlom or Siam. Direct access from the skywalk. There are over 12 cinemas in this complex. Ticket prices from 160 baht (¥400/$4). Website HERE.
Culture point: Before any movie in Thailand starts, they play the King's anthem and everyone in the movie theater must stand up to pay their respects to the King. While the anthem plays, you will see images of the King on the screen. It's quite interesting.

2 comments:

  1. Let's go to the cinema before I leave, I'm so gonna miss how cheap they are. I've got a student card and pay 80 bt :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Saar,

    Definitely. I will miss it too. Japanese cinemas cost a fortune -- about $18. How is it in the Netherlands?

    80 Bt for a student??!?! I need one of those cards.. ^_^

    ReplyDelete