Friday, April 15, 2011

Thaan Cafe (Part 1)

I have been working on a new mission for myself: find cute, stylish cafes within my budget to enjoy. I found a new place: Thaan Cafe.

What intrigued me most about this cafe was the smell -- it's run by a spa company, so the scent of aroma oil entices customers inside. The shop is filled with paper leaves, monotone tables & chairs, and one large wooden table.

Inside the cafe:


The food is quite healthy and reminded me of organic cafes in Japan. My friend and I sat down for lunch and enjoyed...

some pumpkin soup & a salad:



Red, tiger shrimp curry (very spicy!! @_@):


The highlight of this cafe is the tea menu. Sets are reasonable: 90 baht for fresh brewed tea in a variety of exotic flavors. Sets include a pot of tea and a small buiscut. There is also a fine selection of sweets all priced at 125 baht (=$3). We'll take a look at those tomorrow.

Thaan Cafe is located on the 2F of Gaysorn Plaza, between BTS Siam and Chitlom. Enter from the Skywalk across from Amarin Plaza. Click HERE for another blog with great photos of this shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment