Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Girl's Night Out #2

My superhero friends invited me out to try Shisha...which is a water pipe from the Middle East. I had never tried, so I was excited to try something new.

We headed to the Middle Eastern section of Bangkok, which is in Nana, around Soi 3-4. I like this area as you don't feel you're in Bangkok...
Street view:

I suggested an Egyptian restaurant that I had eaten at before.

The menu (as thick as a book..there were over 30 pages!!)


We ordered...

Pickles (free of charge)

Naan, Hummus, curry, lamb (the triangle things)...

...and chicken because my friends love meat. (laugh)

Why are my friends superheros? Well, there is a story. They met a guy here who introduced himself as "Aladdin". My friend said: "As in the Disney character??" She couldn't believe his real name was Aladdin, so she decided to give herself a crazy name. My friend's name is: Bionic Woman (she's strong) and my other friend is: She-Ra (Princess of Power) ^_^ 

Super Friends! 
The fabulous Ms. M/ Bella/ Bionic Woman:

Other crazy friends (She-Ra and her friend, the 6 Million Dollar Man):
I felt left out, so I asked for a nickname too. Their suggestion? Catwoman. (laugh) I could only picture an old lady with 50 cats, rather than the sexy Michelle Pfiffer character from Batman. A Japanese friend suggested "Bunny Girl" because of my love of eating raw carrots. Hm...not bad... 
I have the costume already...(made by Twitter friend Nina5jp! ^_^)
New superhero: cute bunny?
Weapon of choice? Sharply peeled carrots.
Special ability: cute & fluffy on the outside, deadly sharp teeth on the inside!! Maahhh!


After eating, and listening to the "call to prayer" over the speakers, we headed over to quieter café to smoke and drink some mint tea. 

The tea was really strong! I had been warned by my friend that it was potent, but I love tea and drank the whole pot. As a result, that night I did not sleep at all.. o_O Too much caffeine.. 

For those who have never tried Hookah (shisha) -- it's like smoking an English pipe. You can select a variety of flavors -- mint, cherry, grape, ...one friend tried bubble gum once! It's fairly strong and goes to your head quite quickly. I want to say: it's not a drug..but it is tabacco, so it's not very healthy for your body. 

Middle Eastern area of Bangkok is located in Nana, soi 3-5. BTS Nana or Pleonchit. Neferititi restaurant information and pictures are HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment