Monday, January 30, 2012

Swing Dance Bangkok

I got an invite from my friend, M, to join her and two others for Swing Dancing. I've never tried -- and when I haven't tried something, my answer is always: "Why not?" It's important to try new things, meet new people and be out of your comfort zone.

We stopped at a noodles shop in Asoke first, before heading over to the bar...

My friend introduced me to her friends: one was really cute and the other was really funny! I liked them both right away. ^_^

New friends GG & A:


We found the hidden bar where the Swing Dance club meets up. Inside, we took the beginner's lesson and rotated around, meeting all the members.
Dance floor:


I noticed GG's rockin' heels, so I asked her about them. She surprised me by saying: "Try them on!" They were a perfect fit. M made me pose in my new (borrowed) black heels:
I know it's blurry -- but my pose is cute, no? ^_^

As we enjoyed watching the dancers, the topic of zombies came up. After that, Ms. A created a new dance for us -- the zombie girls dance. We took a photo of our new moves:

By the end of the night, I had been asked to organize a flash mob of zombie dancers for Bangkok. I've still got to plan the ice skating party....!!! (laugh).

Swing Dance Bangkok meets every Thursday night. 19:30 ~ ?? 1 hour free beginner's lesson; no cover charge at the bar. Location: Bar 23, Suk Soi 16 -- a 10 minute's walk down the soi. Nice people!
The noodles shop is called "Boran". Location: Exchange Tower 2F -- direct access from BTS Asoke station. Prices from 40 Baht + (¥120 / $120).

No comments:

Post a Comment