Sunday, January 29, 2012

An Old Friend

On a Wednesday, I met up with a German friend who I hadn't seen in months. She's expecting, so I was happy to see her and hear her talk about her baby.

I took her to a cafe near my condo. I ordered a pot of Apple tea and a raw salmon sandwich. Canadians + salmon = pure happiness. Yummy! ^_^

Apple Tea:


Food for Canadian girls:


We caught up with all our news. She filled me in on all my other German friends too -- Ms. D, my designer Tat, and V. They have all returned to Germany, but are missing the fine weather in Bangkok.

After lunch, my friend asked if I'd like to see her apartment. We're practically neighbors -- she lives across the road from me. I asked: Can I take photos and put them on my blog? She said: "Of course!" Yay!

Her building's gym:


The pool:


An outdoor garden :


Inside, her apartment had a lot of nice furniture -- all imported from Germany.

A shelf...


a cute corner...


...but the most amazing piece in her apartment was the sofa! It was incredible. I asked her only one thing: "Can I jump on it?" ^_^ She said: "Sure!" So I jumped on and enjoyed all the pillows. I really want to get a sofa just like hers. It's amazing!!!

cutenekko -- in love with the giant sofa:
Seriously, I want one.

In the lobby of her building, I noticed something unusual -- a Japanese Geisha doll. It was really beautiful, so I snapped a photo:

Looking closely at the doll's kimono, all I could think was: "Gee, it looks really heavy..." (There were 3 layers under the main kimono...o_O)

***Special Bonus***
Check out the car I found in the parking lot!
I think it's a Mazda Rx7 (3rd gen.) Car fans, can you help?
I really like this car...ほしい!(want!)
This car is really sexy. Me-OW!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god, that would be a car for Tony! I think he is totally into cars.
    I like your necklace by the way^^ and the sofa is gigantic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Corgi,

    I talked to Tony about cars on Twitter recently. He poo-poo'd one of my guy friends, who loves Audi cars. Can you believe that? Audi's are pretty cool, I think. ^_^

    My dream car is a Porsche 911 convertible. It's uber sexy. Pic:
    http://www.carsingh.com/porsche/porsche-911-convertible-wallpaper.jpg

    ReplyDelete